Willaston Methodist Chapel
Our service starts at 10.45am every Sunday and we welcome all who wish to join us in worshiping God. The service lasts about an hour and afterwards we have refreshments for those who want to stay and chat. Come as you are, we don’t stand on ceremony!
Being a Methodist Chapel, we have a variety of preachers who lead our worship, some are ordained ministers but most are trained ‘Local Preachers’, a tradition started by our founder, John Wesley, back in the 18th century.
There’s no dress code and everyone is invited, so whether you’re a Willaston (or surrounding area) resident, you’re just visiting, or you have recently moved into the area, we’d love to see you.
What else is going on in our Chapel?
- Create – an after school club on the 3rd Wednesday of the month at 3.30 – 5pm. Activities, a bible story & toast.
- Church Mice – a mouse hunt plus other fun for the smaller ones on the 1st Thursday of the month at 10am for about half an hour.
- Pause – Bible study for grown-ups every other Tuesday at 10.30 – 12 – everyone is welcome – tea and cake during our meeting.
The Chapel premises also have a ‘schoolroom’ and some smaller rooms and a fully equipped kitchen which can be hired for your regular meetings or special events; more details are on our web site, which is here: www.willastonmethodist.co.uk
Our Christmas dates in December 2016 :
- 4th at 10.45am – Toy and Christingle service for the whole family
- 11th at 6.30pm – our Candle-lit carol service – your favourite hymns and more
- 18th at 10.45 – our Nativity service – always something special and a little different – a service for the whole family
- 25th at 9.30am – let’s celebrate Jesus’ birth A short service for you and your visitors on this glorious day.
Like more information?
Please contact Carol Savage on 0151 327 3593 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.