NAME OF THE SOCIETY WILLASTON RESIDENTS’ AND COUNTRYSIDE SOCIETY
OBJECTS OF THE SOCIETY The objects of the Society are:
- To protect and improve the environmental amenities of the Village of Willaston and its surroundings
- To preserve and encourage village cultural and social activities
- To represent the views of the residents of the Village of Willaston and monitor matters of common interest
- To nominate a Trustee for the Memorial Hall Committee
- To nominate a Representative to the Johnston Recreation Ground Committee
MEMBERSHIP The membership is open to any person who resides within a radius of two miles of Willaston Village Green.
OFFICERS The officers of the Society will consist of the Chair, Vice-Chair (or up to two in the absence of a Chair), Secretary, Treasurer, Planning Officer, Footpaths Officer, Publicity Officer, Social Media and Trustee of the Memorial Hall.
MANAGEMENT The management of the Society shall be vested in the Committee who will be composed of:
The Elected Officers
Elected Local Councillor
Representatives from the following nominated village organisations:
- Christ Church
- Friends of Hadlow Road Station
- Friends of Willaston Meadow
- Guiding Organisations
- Hadlow Green Singers
- Horticultural Society
- Scouting Organisations
- Sporting Organisations
- Willaston and South Wirral Rotary
- Willaston Hey W.I.
- Willaston Methodist Church
- Willaston PTA
- Willaston Royal British Legion Branch
- Willaston Surgery Patient Participation Group
- Willaston Toddler Group
- Willaston Village Festival Society
Representative to the Johnston Recreation Ground Committee
The Committee shall have the power to co-opt up to 10 persons by a majority vote to serve no more than a 3-year period.
The nominated village organisations will be reviewed annually at the Committee Meeting prior to the AGM.
RETIREMENT OF THE OFFICERS Officers will be expected to serve for a period of 3 years, after which the Office will be open to election. The retiring officer may, if he/she wishes, seek re-election at the Society’s AGM.
ORGANISATION COMMITTEE MEMBERS The standing members of the Committee will be nominated by their own organisations.
RESIDENT COMMITTEE REPRESENTATIVES Resident Representatives are appointed by the Committee or at the AGM and shall serve for a period of 3 years, after which they may seek re-election.
RETIREMENT OF CO-OPTED MEMBERS The co-opted members will retire at the end of their period nominated by the Committee.
MEETINGS The Committee will meet every other month. Meeting dates to be determined by the Committee. Ten members to be classed as a quorum. Extraordinary meetings will be called as and when necessary.
ALTERATION TO RULES The Committee may from time to time make and alter rules for the conduct of their business, the summoning and conduct of their meetings and the custody of documents. No rule may be made which is inconsistent with the Objects of the Society.
SUBSCRIPTION Membership of the Society is free. Money for specific projects may be raised by fund-raising and donations.
ACCOUNTS The Committee shall:
- Keep accounting records for the Society
- Prepare an annual statement of the account for the Society
- Have the statement of account of the Society independently examined.
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING The Annual General Meeting will be held in September each year. All residents living within a radius of two miles of Willaston Village Green are eligible to attend the meeting and vote on the issues RAISED THEREIN.
Nominations for the election of Officers are to be received by the Secretary not less than six weeks prior to Annual General Meeting taking place. Notice of the AGM will be sent to the Committee members and be placed on the Village Notice Boards.
DISSOLUTION In the event of dissolution of the Society any realised assets remaining shall be distributed amongst such bona fide organisations existing at the date of dissolution within the parish of Willaston as the Committee for the time being shall in their absolute discretion see fit.
(amended at the AGM on 30th September 2016)