The winning trees at the Christmas Tree Festival, which took place over the weekend of 1-3 December 2017, were:
- In third place with 24 votes (14%) was the tree decorated by Willastonhey WI. The decorations on the tree are all handmade by the W.I. members.
- In second place with 30 votes (18%) was the tree decorated by Willaston Methodist Church. All the decorations were made by the children who attend Church Mice, for pre-school children, and create, an after school club for primary school aged children.
- In first place with 39 votes (23%) was the tree decorated by Friends of Hadlow Road Station. The tree depicted the way that Hadlow Road Station has evolved into what it is today. All the handmade decorations reflected the original tickets, the telephone box and of course the trains.
For a report on the whole weekend, click here: Festival report
Carols on the Green is organised by Willastonhey WI and takes place on Tuesday 19th December from 7.30pm. This is the 50th anniversary of the event. The carols will be accompanied by Birkenhead School Brass Band. Come and sing along – everyone is welcome.
Light refreshments will be served in the Memorial Hall.
To see a report on Remembrance Sunday 2017, please click here: Remembrance Sunday 2017
The Council is currently consulting on assets such as community centres, libraries, play areas, green spaces and public conveniences (which includes the conveniences at Hadlow Road Station). The draft framework sets out their vision for assets, supported by six principles, and criteria for reviewing assets.
If you would like to review the background information and complete the questionnaire, the information is now available at: www.cheshirewestandchester.gov.uk/CommunityAssetsFramework
Paper copies of the draft framework and questionnaire are also available in all Libraries and Council Offices. There are also two drop-in events at Ellesmere Port Library on Monday 11th December from 4pm to 7pm and Hope Farm Library on Friday 26th January from 10am to 1pm.
The consultation runs until Sunday 25 February 2018.
Willaston Phil Supporters Group has announced their new programme for Jan- April 2017
The coach will pick up at Park Road and the village Green and return there after the concert.
The following concerts have been booked:
Sunday 21st January, 1.30pm – Elgar’s Serenade
Thursday 1st February, 6.30pm – Rachmaninov Rhapsody
Thursday 22nd March, 6.30pm – Beethoven’s First Piano Concerto
Thursday 12th April, 6.30pm – The Power of Love (featuring Thelma Handy, a Willaston resident and co-leader of the orchestra)
For further details and booking forms, contact Joan or Keith Butcher
0151 327 5191
We are currently working with Cheshire West and Chester Council to put in further improvements for the play area, which will take place in January 2018. The new equipment includes:
- A tractor and carriage for imaginative play
- A roundabout
- A play trail including stepping stones, coloured blobs and a wobble board
- Road play markings on the path
The current timber balancing unit will be removed to make space for these items.
To see a plan of the new proposals, click here: Phase two final plans.
A list has been generated for contact numbers for CWAC, their various departments and other local organisations. Hopefully this will be a useful quick resource for villagers to use in the event. To access the list, click here: Contact List
Also, the Council’s webpage is below as this too may prove useful: